Getting Patients Into Cardiac Rehab and Other Wellness Programs and Keeping Them Exercising After Rehab
Section: Cardiovascular and Pulmonary
Session Code: CP-2B-2212
Date: Friday, February 6, 2015
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Indiana Convention Center
Room: Room 209
Session Type: Educational Sessions
Session Level: Intermediate
It is widely recognized that cardiac rehabilitation can make a huge impact in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular conditions, chronic medical conditions, and the aging process. However, how can you change someone's lifestyle if you can't get them in the door for rehab? This session will review the current referral and adherence rates for cardiac rehab and then present various methods that the physical therapist and physical therapist assistant can use to increase adherence rates to cardiac rehab and other wellness programs.
1. Detail various models for cardiac rehabilitation or general wellness programs.
2. Identify the current referral and adherence rates, and general fitness standards, for cardiac rehabilitation.
3. Describe the barriers that a patient faces in both the enrollment in and the maintenance of a cardiac rehab or wellness program.
4. Identify possible strategies that could be used in an attempt to address or alleviate the barriers that a patient encounters.
5. Describe key components of methods that could increase adherence to rehab or wellness programs after rehab.
Search sessions by day, speaker, section, keyword, event type, or display all sessions.