Doing It Right! How to Develop an Aquatic Physical Therapy Program
Section: Aquatic Physical Therapy Section
Session Code: AQ-P1-8763
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Location: Grand Hyatt San Antonio
Room: Republic A
Session Type: Preconference Courses
Session Level: Intermediate
This course provides the information necessary for developing a comprehensive aquatic rehabilitation program. Topics include strategies for developing a policy and procedure manual, physical design of the facility, creating staff training, and designing documentation forms. Details for starting a facility and program design will be discussed. Upon completion of this lecture, participants will have the tools to design a facility and develop a policy and procedure manual to meet the needs of their clinic/program.
1. Describe three considerations for developing an aquatic physical therapy program.
2. Define each component of an aquatic continuum including individualized physical therapy, wellness and fitness.
3. Define necessary components of a policy and procedure manual.
4. Understand and recommend pool facility design based on patient population.
5. Identify three key components to assess the outcomes of an aquatic physical therapy program.
6. Identify three unique risks in the aquatic environment.
7. Describe necessary education and credentialing for aquatic rehabilitation staff.
Search sessions by day, speaker, track, keyword, event type, or display all sessions.