Value-Based Care: Where Alternative Payment Systems Clinical Practice Guidelines and the PT Outcomes Registry Come Together
Track: Practice Management
Date: Thursday, June 22, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Location: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
Room: 151 A
Session Type: Educational Sessions
Session Level: Intermediate
The health care environment is rapidly changing and alternative payment systems are being incorporated across health care settings. The need to successfully demonstrate the effectiveness of your services is becoming more evident. Yet many organizations are struggling with how to adapt to this change. This session will lay the foundation for you and your organization to understand how to use the best available evidence and an outcomes registry to understand and optimize performance. The speakers will review current and expected activities related to payment models, utilization review, the regulatory environment, and legislative actions. Attendees will learn how to incorporate clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) to optimize care and the Physical Therapy Outcome Registry to track and report on outcomes. The presenters will provide real-life examples of how CPGs and data are used to inform practice and ensure value-based care.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify current health care trends driving pay for performance.
2. Describe how clinical practice guidelines (CPGs) are developed to help decrease unwarranted variations in practice.
3. Discuss the core outcome elements that are part of the PT Outcomes Registry that will demonstrate value.
4. Explain how CPGs and the PT Outcomes Registry work together
5. Identify the implementation strategy to provide value-based care for your organization.
Search sessions by day, speaker, track, keyword, event type, or display all sessions.