Let’s Collaborate! Optimize Health Outcomes in an Emerging Healthcare Market, sponsored by American Physical Therapy Association of Massachusetts
Track: Practice Management
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
Room: 257 A
Session Type: Preconference Courses
Session Level: Intermediate
This course is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the current status of collaborative care models and the trends towards future health care models. The course instructors will lead attendees from a summary of how our current health care system developed, briefly explore other countries health care structures, to identifying opportunities for physical therapists to participate in collaborative care models in various practice settings. The presenters will provide education in the skills necessary for PTs to be successful through various learning methods. The course will conclude with a look towards the future of the PT as an important piece of population health and how collaborative care models can serve this trend.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the economic framework of collaborative models of care.
2. Recognize the changes in practice operations needed to be successful in alternative payment models.
3. Define the essential role of physical therapists in collaborative care models.
4. Identify the opportunities for physical therapy leadership in these care models.
5. Know strategies and communication skills necessary to be successful in working across all continuums of care.
Click here for more information and to register for this preconference course, conference registration not required.
Search sessions by day, speaker, track, keyword, event type, or display all sessions.