CANCELLED -- Doing It Right! How to Develop an Aquatic Physical Therapy Program.
Section: Academy of Aquatic Physical Therapy
Session Code: AQ-P1-6945
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Location: Marriott Marquis
Room: Supreme Court
Registration Fee Required: 1B
Session Type: Preconference Courses
Session Level: Intermediate
This course will provide the information necessary for developing a comprehensive aquatic rehabilitation program. Topics will include strategies for developing a policies and procedures manual, physical design of the facility, creating staff training, and designing documentation forms. The speaker will discuss the details of starting a facility and program design. Attendees will gain the tools to design a facility and develop a policies and procedures manual to meet the needs of their clinic or program.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Describe 3 considerations for developing an aquatic physical therapy program.
2. Define each component of an aquatic continuum, including individualized physical therapy, wellness, and fitness.
3. Define necessary components of a policies and procedures manual.
4. Understand and recommend pool facility design based on patient population.
5. Identify 3 key components of assessing the outcomes of an aquatic physical therapy program.
6. Identify 3 unique risks in the aquatic environment.
7. Describe necessary education and credentialing for aquatic rehabilitation staff.
Search sessions by day, speaker, section, keyword, event type, or display all sessions.