Kickstarting Your Private Practice: A Day of Interactive Consulting
Section: Private Practice Section
Session Code: PP-P2-4601
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Location: Walter E. Washington Convention Center
Registration Fee Required: 1A
Session Type: Preconference Courses
Session Level: Basic
The "Kick-Starting Your Private Practice “ Keys to Success and a Day of Interactive Consulting With Top Nationally Recognized Private Practice Experts" program is aimed at helping new practitioners gain the foundational knowledge and skills needed to start a private practice or take their existing private practice to the next level of success. This full-day course invites private practitioners to engage in evidence-based practice management decisions while developing individualized action plans. Guided by a team of experts, attendees will evaluate their practice to identify their greatest strengths, areas needing attention, and opportunities for growth. Prework will be required so that participants can hit the ground running.쳌
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Develop or enhance a vision, mission, and short-term and long-term goals for a future business.
2. Develop or enhance a business plan that includes a vision, executive summary, competitive market analysis, marketing plan, service description, human resource plan, and facility layout/design.
3. Describe how new practices can choose business structures that match state regulations, strategic vision, and financial plans for the organization.
4. Develop a marketing plan and define the needs of health care consumers that influence health care buying decisions.
5. Identify areas of risk within business structure and systems, funding options, various types of contracts, and the basics of billing and collections.
Search sessions by day, speaker, section, keyword, event type, or display all sessions.